Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies:
I also like to chill my cookie dough in the refrigerator for an hour or two before I pop these in the oven. When you allow your dough to chill it helps the cookies not to spread or flatten out as much as they would if you just popped them in the oven right away. I have made these without chilling the dough as well though. I mean sometimes you want cookies now, and they are still just as yummy.
- Combine the brown sugar, sugar, butter, egg and vanilla extract in a bowl until well combined.
- Add in oatmeal, flour, and baking soda until well combined.
- Add in chocolate chips until they are mixed in. This just takes a few seconds.
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper and spoon small amounts and place on cookie sheet. I like to use about 1/2 tbsp amount of dough to make mini cookies.
- Optional Step: Chill dough on sheets anywhere from one hour to 24 hours before baking
- Bake in an oven preheated to 350 degrees for 10 minutes. If you like your cookies a little more firm, then add a few additional minutes to your time. Be careful not to over cook them though. If they are in the oven too long, they can get hard and even a little burnt on the bottom.
- Allow them to cool down for at least 10 minutes before enjoying. Cookies will set as they cool.
Store any leftover cookies in an airtight container, so they stay soft.